Mortgage Loan Coordinator (MLC) is responsible for providing support to the MLO(s). The primary focus of the position is to manage the administrative loan processing duties. The MLC may be the initial point of contact for a customer and therefore he/she must be able to effectively communicate to the customer, including receiving information from a customer who may be a potential sales opportunity for the MLO.
MLC tasks include managing the initial loan process by collecting any pending documents as required by processing in order to submit to the Lender of choice in a timely manner. In addition, the MLC may update the loan application data initially inputted into POINT by the MLO, however, the MLC can never take an application or quote rates due to SAFE licensing restrictions. MLC will serve as a liaison for the MLO, processor and the customer by collecting any pending documents and checking the credit guidelines for accurate loan submission.
The MLC may also be responsible for distributing email marketing materials via Constant Contact; this may include a company’s weekly newsletter, video or mail piece.
- Understands the Mortgage Loan Process through closing.
- Time management skills, prioritize and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of pursuing the company’s resources and how to access them.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers through constant contact and various marketing techniques.
- Familiar with conventional lending guidelines.
- Mortgage sales and processing experience.
- Maintain mortgage knowledge.
- Keep current on policies and procedures.
- Competitive salary
- Per file bonus